The Florida Network of Youth and Family Services’ Annual Meeting commences May 25 – 27 at the Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld in Orlando. During this three-day conference all member agencies, executives partners, and board members are invited to network with colleagues, celebrate accomplishments and learn from the works of others to continue improving the lives of children and families in need across Florida.
The Florida Network is a not-for-profit statewide association representing 29 agencies and 28 shelters that serve homeless, runaway and troubled youth ages six and older and their families. For more than 40 years, the Florida Network has provided services as a “Children and Families in Need of Services” (CINS/FINS) agency, as defined by Florida Statute, in order to prevent juvenile delinquency and encourage good choices and healthy family relationships.
In order to continue the mission of the Florida Network and its subsequent members, sessions surrounding advocacy, communication and thought leadership are on the agenda for this year’s Annual Meeting.
Youth leaders and service agencies throughout Florida will be recognized for their advocacy in helping at-risk youth and their families seek guidance and reassurance while also preparing them for a new and healthy lifestyle. The recognitions will be given at the Annual Awards Luncheon on May 26 at noon. Leaders and agencies that have embodied the vision and core values of the Florida Network this year will have the chance to receive an award at the event. Florida Department of Juvenile Justice Secretary Christina Daly will be in attendance to congratulate winners.
The 2016 keynote speaker is D.J. Vanas, motivational storyteller, author and leadership expert. His passionate focus is inspiring the use of our traditional warrior spirit principles with people and organizations to stay resilient, fiercely solution-oriented, create clarity from chaos and get better results in all we do as leaders and service providers.
The Florida Network is thrilled to share this year’s award winners.
- Agency of the Year 2016 – Nehemiah Educational and Economic Development, Inc. (Orlando)
- Agency of the Year 2016 – Youth Crisis Center (Jacksonville)
- Chairman’s Leadership Award 2016 – Sen. Arthenia Joyner (D – Tampa)
- Counselor of the Year 2016 – Abraham Greene, Urban League of Palm Beach County (West Palm Beach)
- Counselor of the Year 2016 – Amber Minton, Orange County Youth and Family Services (Orlando)
- Legislator of the Year 2016 – Sen. Joe Negron (R – Stuart)
- Manager of the Year 2016 – Stepheny Durham, Youth Crisis Center (Jacksonville)
- Network Executive of the Year 2016 – Andrew Coble, Youth and Family Alternatives (New Port Richey)
- Networker of the Year 2016 – David Ulloa, Arnette House (Ocala)
- Program of the Year 2016 – “Family Place,” Capital City Youth Services (Tallahassee)
- Youth Care Worker of the Year 2016 – Carlos Childs, Family Resources (Pinellas Park)
- Youth Care Worker of the Year 2016 – Jason Kasten, Arnette House (Ocala)